Three young attorneys, Frank Abraham, John Hill and W. James Kronzer Jr., founded the firm in 1951 as Hill, Kronzer & Abraham. Later, the firm became Hill, Brown, Kronzer & Abraham with the addition of J. Curtiss Brown who later became chief justice of the Fourteenth Court of Appeals. In the early days of the firm, the lawyers practiced out of Frank Abraham's small West Alabama Street apartment. Much has changed since then. Throughout the following decades, the firm grew and prospered, gaining nationwide recognition for successful resolutions of personal injury lawsuits. In 1970, the law firm partners purchased the historic Hogan-Allnoch Dry Goods Building and had it renovated for office space. Close to the downtown courthouses, it was a part of the successful revitalization effort in Houston.